NFT's (Non-Fungible Tokens) are all the rage right now and for good reason.
They're unique, digital assets that can be used in a variety of ways. But if you're new to the NFT scene, navigating the marketing and promotion of your tokens can be tough and lonely. You might question why it’s worth your time in the first place.
At the Million Dollar Token Page, we're going to show you why NFT marketing is absolutely crucial and share everything you need to do to get started on the right foot.
Ready? Let's get started.
What is an NFT?
An NFT is a non-fungible token, which is a digital certificate of ownership for a unique cryptographic asset that cannot be interchanged with something else.
Just like how your mom’s DNA and consciousness can’t be replicated to build a second mom, a non-fungible token has its own set of digital code on the blockchain that can’t be replicated or replaced either.
You might associate an NFT with funky-looking monkey avatars, but really, it can be anything from a contract, to music, a video clip of an important moment, or whatever else that may benefit from a “patient zero” stamp.
No matter how many people screenshot it, the creator’s crypto wallet address can’t be faked or stolen – and it always ties back to that original NFT.
Why is marketing so crucial for your NFT’s success?
Without NFT marketing, your project is a sitting duck.
Whether you’re looking to sell your NFT for the highest bid or want to encourage decentralized applications around your NFT concept, to do something with your digital asset and give it value, you’ll need interested buyers and supporters for your NFT to succeed – a community.
You can attract and build that community through various NFT marketing and advertising initiatives.
A strategic and well thought-out NFT marketing strategy will generate hype and support for your NFT project, allowing it to grow and be auctioned for higher bids.
1. Identify your target audience
It might be tempting to market your NFT to everyone anywhere. Don’t.
Like with any product, you need to target specific people or you’ll be wasting a lot of marketing resources. The fact is, most people don’t understand NFTs and think they’re stupid. Newbies might also see managing crypto wallets, private keys, or dealing with gas as big barriers to entry.
You want to start with blockchain-informed audiences who can truly understand and appreciate your community-building efforts and NFT development. Within that population, you need to identify your niche and rally like-minded enthusiasts.
For example, the owner of Coffee Bros, Dan Hunnewell, created Crypto Baristas to rally entrepreneurial caffeine-lovers who appreciate art. Or take the MekaVerse, a community of fans centered around the Japanese Mecha bots.
Once you’ve identified your target audience, you now have direction for your strategies and outreach channels.
2. Determine the best outreach channels for your audience
Choosing the right social channels is crucial because that's where you'll build your audience. We’ve compiled a list of the most popular communication channels for successful NFT communities – but make sure to find the best one for your niche.
- Discord is a fan-favorite for blockchain startups. NFT creators have access to many customization features allowing them to cultivate communities in a truly customized space.
- Reddit. Tap into a wider audience with greater room for free-flowing discussions, community support, and sharing NFT subreddits.
- Twitter. The NFT world buzzes here first. Get your Twitter account up to speed and stalk #NFT feeds from where you can follow people, join space sessions, spark discussions, and share your NFT updates.
- Rocket.Chat is an open-source alternative to Slack, especially for developers. With so many useful features built-in, such as multi-channel support, it can function as a one-stop shop for community-building and team communications.
- Telegram. Security is a big deal in the NFT space. So Telegram’s end-to-end encrypted video calling, messaging, and file sharing is especially popular for group and one-on-one chats.
- Bitcointalk is the perfect place to release exciting news about your NFT and create a buzz with announcement posts and the like.
- LinkedIn. By connecting with professionals and companies outside your digital space, you can develop unique business partnerships to build your brand image, get people of different skillsets to work with you and legitimize your NFT digital assets.
- Clubhouse. Clubhouse users seem to be talking exclusively about NFTs right now. If you want to get an insider's perspective on the industry and bounce ideas with enthusiasts, join Clubhouse where you will be able to hear from the experts.
3. Feed every stage of the buyer journey
The buyer’s journey is more complicated than some people may think. It doesn’t just begin and end with a purchase. It’s an active process that requires your presence in many steps before the purchase.
From an NFT marketer’s perspective, the funnel includes:
- Awareness of the NFT space – when a prospect recognizes the opportunities for creating, buying, and selling NFTs.
- Consideration of NFT items – when the prospect knows enough about the space to start comparing different NFT creators and purchase methods.
- Purchase of the NFT (Conversion) – when a prospect decides to purchase the desired NFT.
- Nurture – NFT creator’s responsibility to keep purchaser and other community members engaged to grow the community collectively.
Now let’s talk about smart NFT marketing strategies you can use at each step of the funnel.
How to drive awareness for your NFT
This will be the most extensive step of the bunch. Here are some ways to promote awareness about NFTs, their potential, along with your brand and project.
- Creative NFT boards – NFT creators and communities can exhibit their art and content on popular sites like the Million Dollar Token Page, by buying pixel blocks as screen real estate. These give your project a lot of exposure and free convertible traffic.
- Consider informational videos, blog content, and social media posts to introduce NFTs and the process, cover who you are, how to leverage NFT marketplaces, and hook users with cool stats (how much a recent NFT sold for). Through content marketing, NFT enthusiasts and beginners become familiar with your brand that’s ever-so-kindly supplying such quality content.
- Podcasts – Monthly podcast listeners have also grown 61.5% since 2018. Almost 60% of Americans listen to podcasts now. You could take this opportunity to join the early-movers in starting NFT and Crypto podcasts. Alternatively, you can guest on another podcast to widen your reach and build credibility.
- Forums & communities – adding value to discussions on Reddit, Discord, Telegram, and even Clubhouse are great ways to get your name familiar with community members and namedrop your projects to drive awareness.
- You can take this a step further and host AMA sessions to feed the ever-growing curiosity in such a novel and uncertain space.
- Influencer collabs – leveraging audiences of fellow NFT influencers can increase your NFT project’s exposure while building credibility for your personal brand. You can find these people on Twitter (e.g., space sessions), discussion forums, and even listicles.
- Incentivizing referrals – another great way to establish awareness for your brand is by granting special benefits to early adopters or promoters. For instance, if you want more discord members, you could offer investors early ownership access to an NFT, which allows them to avoid competitive drops.
How to influence consideration for your NFT
Before we start this section, it’s important to remember that the points from the last section can strongly influence people’s consideration for your NFT as well. All of them increase your credibility and instill trust in the consumer, increasing the chances that they pick you.
Here’s a quick recap of the points we already covered:
- NFT boards like Million Dollar Token Page
- Content marketing (blog posts, videos, podcasts, and social media posts)
- Forums & communities
- Influencer collaborations
- Incentivized referrals
In addition to those tricks, here are some fantastic strategies that you can use to influence consideration for your NFT.
- Search engine optimization (SEO) – 75.7% of clicks go to the first four organic results on the search engine results page. Strong NFT brand visibility and activity (e.g. content marketing) on search engines is a winning method for attracting lots of web surfers to learn more and consider your NFT.
- Since SEO is a data-driven domain that needs expertise, it can be smart to hire professional SEO content marketing services who do the heavy lifting for you.
- An attractive website with trust elements – As lucrative NFTs can be, the space is also notorious for scams and hacks. It’s a good idea to set the right impression with a professional website coupled with social proof elements that foster trust to remove any doubts and uncertainties from the get-go.
- This could be like the size of your discord community, showing off dapps built around your NFT concept, announcing partnerships with credible influencers or companies, and so on.
- FAQs – when prospects are considering your NFT, they’ll likely have questions they need answered. A dedicated FAQ section or page helps them make an informed decision. Without one, you may find prospects turned off from the ambiguity and opt for a competitor who has answers.
- Review sites – alongside your own site’s standing, it’s also important to consider what others are saying about you. There’s an obvious bias on a creator’s personal site and users know this – so they’ll also read opinions on third-party platforms.
- Mint your NFT on-chain – doing so invites fellow community members to access its data and create dapps around your NFT concept. That, in turn, will attract even more people and snowball a loyal community.
The prospect is getting warmer and warmer in purchasing your NFT at this point. Now you’ll need to determine the best place to sell your NFTs. Depending on what it is exactly, your NFT marketplace will vary.
Here are your options for NFT marketplaces to add your listing to:
- OpenSea - world’s largest NFT trading platform. Popular categories include art, music, domain names, and virtual worlds.
- Crypto.com - a platform is best suited for selling art, sports collectibles, and celebrity items.
- Myth Market - a great place to find unique trading cards.
- SuperRare - focuses specifically on digital art. Ether is used for transactions, and you can connect your Ethereum wallet to your account. .
- Rarible - art, photography, music, games, and metaverses. You can interact with the community through native discussion boards and connect various crypto wallets.
- NFT Hunters - each day, NFT Hunters selects the next best NFT and de-fi projects and delivers them directly to subscribers' inboxes. You can apply to be featured in their emails by sending an email to email@example.com.
- MakersPlace - you can sell digital art creations through MakersPlace's storefront for free. Each time you make a sale, MakersPlace will charge you 15% plus 2.9% for credit card sales. Payments can be made with credit cards or cryptocurrencies.
- Solanart - the NFTs sold on Solanart include art, games, and metaverses. To interact with the marketplace, you’ll need a Solana wallet like Phantom or Sollet. They also take a 3% fee on marketplace transactions.
Nurture your NFT community
If you want a truly successful NFT that performs long-term, you can’t forget about buyers post-transaction (or even before they make the purchase). You need to proactively develop your community through consistent engagement and value propositions for user retention.
Here are some ways:
- Member-only community – An exclusive hub for enthusiasts of your NFT concept including dapp developers, investors, and participating community members. You can grow this population on platforms like Twitter or Discord, where you could offer exclusive perks and offers to keep them happy.
- Online events and offline meetups – If you’ve built dapps around your NFT concept, like virtual gaming worlds and activities, you can get creative and hold tournaments for championship prizes. Or, you can hold live Q&A sessions, show unique blockchain technology demonstrations, brainstorm dapps, and share updates or news to keeps users engaged. Organize IRL meetups allow community members to get to know each other and socialize outside the confines of the virtual space. You can then incentivize participation through POAPs (more on these shortly).
- Email marketing campaigns – Emails can also be a nice intimate way to keep in touch with leads and community members. You can provide them with updates on your projects, share news in the NFT space, and provide exclusive offers as you may on discord channels. That said, you need to be a little careful with this, as some of your privacy-minded members might not like to use this medium to interact!
Drive awareness, consideration, & engagement with POAPs
Proof of attendance protocols (POAPs) is a type of NFT that acts as a “badge” or “symbol” for the collector, commemorating their involvement in a special event. You can repurpose them for many areas of the funnel like:
- For awareness and consideration, you could do a POAP giveaway to, say, the first 100 people to join your community or event, which would act as an “early bird” status symbol for the rest of your community’s life. This can spread the word about events you’re hosting and encourage others to get in on your incentives for POAP holders.
- For community engagement, you might use a POAP like a “merit badge” to award community members for doing something (like building a dapp around your NFT or being active in community channels). These collectors can be subject to special offers and privileges for their contributions, also being an inspiration for other community members.
It’s best to create your POAP a few days before an event due to the 24-hour approval process. You can make a 500x500px POAP design on free sites like Canva, use photoshop, or hire professional designers on Fiverr to do it for you.
After you’re done, you’re ready to launch it by filling out some preliminary info first.
Setting up your marketing drop for success
- Add your drop to an NFT calendar. These are great platforms to promote your release with all the finer details like an NFT description, data and time of the drop, the marketplace of your drop, and an official link to your release.
- Flesh out an engaging teaser. People don’t care about your NFT’s life story. But they might after you entice them with a shorter engaging teaser summarizing the cool parts about your origin and message. If you need help communicating your message, you could hire a qualified copywriter who can create a great story around your NFT.
- Start preparing your audience on social media at least two weeks before your NFT drop. Showcase your drop on popular platforms like Twitter, Instagram, and Discord and storytell your inspirations, creative process, and failures to engage your followers.
- Try landing featured drops on the marketplace. You can attract more attention and build credibility as a blockchain startup by getting your NFT featured. This type of promotion is organized directly with marketplaces, which have dedicated web pages for featured drops and their details.
- Order a PR article about your NFT drop. Partnering with media sites is another great way to build credibility for your new project and get a lot of eyes in front of it fast.
Start showing off your NFT on the Million Dollar Token Page
Hooray! You made it to the end. You should have a solid idea of how to approach your NFT marketing strategy by now. It’s time to start building a successful NFT loved by the people.
A great way to easily attract lots of eyes and clicks to your NFT project is by securing a sizeable pixel block on the Million Dollar Token Page. You could resell your digital space for a profit later on or keep it as your place in crypto history as the site grows more popular.